What is a medical concierge?
A medical concierge, or health concierge, provides patients with easy access to top UK health experts. Throughout this guide, we will define what a medical concierge can do for you, the benefits of a concierge service and the different types of people who are likely to invest in medical concierge.
What does a health concierge do?
A medical concierge service helps you access the right practitioner for your health concern as quickly as possible, including taking on all of the administration around appointment booking. Here at Medstars, our concierge service guides patients with trust – offering a bespoke service for anyone seeking private healthcare. Whether you are searching for a second opinion, mental health care or a top expert in the field of orthopaedics, a health concierge service can guide you through your healthcare journey.
Who would have a medical concierge?
- Companies and businesses – as a company benefit for your employees, investing in a medical concierge service is highly beneficial. Not only does this establish you as a trusting company that employees view as rewarding, but it also reduces the amount of time employees might be off sick trying to find the right healthcare professional – saving you time and money in the long-run.
- Patients with ongoing health conditions – people with ongoing health conditions, or people who are especially health conscious, may use a private medical concierge service while the NHS is struggling post pandemic. Longer waiting times – which, if referred to the wrong specialist, can be difficult if time is of the essence – a medical concierge ensures your next step is the right one for you.
- Families – ensuring that your family’s health and wellbeing is maintained is often a priority for most parents. That’s why medical concierge services are especially popular with families who can sign up this service – ensuring your loved ones can easily be matched with the right specialist for their health concern. For example, your child may need an urgent GP appointment with a doctor who specialises in travel vaccinations.
- International – people who are living abroad and want to see UK health specialists in person may not know the best route to begin. That’s where an international medical concierge can help to guide an international patient through the UK private healthcare system, pairing them up with the best suited healthcare practitioner.
Benefits of medical concierges
- Less company downtime – companies and businesses who invest in a medical concierge service can ensure their employees get the right healthcare they need quickly – alleviating the time they’re away from the business, which saves the business money in the long run.
- GP access – as well as receiving access to the best medical specialists, a medical concierge service can connect you with GPs by either face-to-face appointments, or video consultations.
- Long-term illnesses – for long-term health conditions, such as cancer, a medical concierge service can help you find the right specialist quickly – removing the added stress of waiting for appointments and wrong diagnoses.
- Security around health and wellbeing – after the pandemic, most people are generally more health conscious – whether they had covid themselves, or had a pre-existing health condition affected by COVID e.g., cancelled/delayed appointments. By having a medical concierge service, this prioritises your health at the forefront – allowing you to feel safe in the knowledge a healthcare professional is there if you need them.
- Global expertise – as a patient living abroad, a health concierge service will enable you to receive advice around travel, specialist requests and logistics attending your UK medical appointment. This would allow your experience in the UK to be as stress-free as possible, as we can also assist with medical billing and appointment management.
Why choose Medstars for health concierge?
Here at Medstars, our medical concierge service allows patients access to a senior team of doctors who will take the time to understand their condition, and find the best consultants to care for them. As experts in the field, founded and run by two senior doctors, we can provide peace of mind to make your experience as stress-free and comfortable as possible. Simply tell our doctors your diagnosis, and we’ll use our expertise to research and identify the best UK specialists for you.
Interested to find out more about how a health concierge can benefit you, your business, your family or your international healthcare? Get in touch with our friendly team now.
Medstars Medical Concierge Service
Looking for extra guidance when it comes to your healthcare? Sometimes interpreting medical information and making the best decisions can be daunting and complicated. Our private medical concierge service provides easy access to top UK health experts. We guide our patients with genuine choice and trust, offering a bespoke service for anyone in the world seeking private UK healthcare. Learn more about Medstars Medical Concierge Service. Want to learn more about providing our medical concierge service as an employee benefit? Learn more about Medstars Medical Concierge for Business.